Welcome to my site. I am Imtiaz Sifat, a Lecturer in Finance (Asst. Prof.) at Monash University’s School of Business at Malaysia. I obtained a Ph.D. in Finance (market microstructure) as part of Khazanah-Yunus-Center Asia Scholar program. I have over a decade worth of experience in trading, which informs both my research and teaching practice. I have an MBA focusing on core financial management and later I obtained a second master’s degree—an MSc. concentrating on Islamic Finance. Currently at Monash I am teaching Foundations of Finance and International Financial Management. As time is a scarce commodity and I am abnormally busy in these COVID-19 locked era, content generation for this site is temporarily on the back-burner. I will revamp/redesign when time permits.
Queries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Risk Management
- Financial Markets
- Climate Finance (still learning, tbh)
- Islamic Finance
I am a member of the following professional bodies:
- Eastern Finance Association (2020—)
- British Accounting & Finance Association (2020—)
- Professional Risk Managers’ International Association (2018-2020)
- Central Bank Research Association (2018)
- American Statistical Association (2019-2020)
- Malaysian Finance Association (2018-2020)
- Bookworm Dad
- Bridge Player
- House Music Aficionado
- Did I mention I love coffee?