Welcome to my site. I am Imtiaz, an Assistant Professor of International Financial Markets and Monetary Policy at Radboud University. Previously, I worked as Lecturer in Finance (Asst. Prof.) at Monash University’s School of Business at Malaysia and served in the same capacity at Sunway University Business School. I obtained a Ph.D. in Finance (market microstructure) as part of Khazanah-Yunus-Center Asia Scholar program. I have over a decade worth of experience in trading, which informs both my research and teaching practice. I have an MBA focusing on core financial management and later I obtained a second master’s degree—an MSc. concentrating on Islamic Finance. At Radboud, I will teach Topics in International Economics and Policy and Econometrics with a focus on issues in money, banking, and financial markets. At Monash I have taught courses in Introductory Finance and International Finance at the undergraduate level.
As time is a scarce commodity and I am abnormally busy in these pandemic times, content generation for this site is on the back-burner. I will revamp/redesign when time permits.
Queries can be sent to email@example.com.
- Risk Management
- Financial Markets
- Climate Finance (still learning, tbh)
- Islamic Finance
I am a member of the following professional bodies:
- Eastern Finance Association (2020—)
- British Accounting & Finance Association (2020—)
- Professional Risk Managers’ International Association (2018-2020)
- Central Bank Research Association (2018)
- American Statistical Association (2019-2020)
- Malaysian Finance Association (2018-2020)
- Bookworm Dad
- Bridge Player
- House Music Aficionado
- Did I mention I love coffee?